HIDDEN OAKS DOG PARK
The Town of Wilkesboro and the Humane Society of Wilkes partnered to bring this dog park to fruition. The Humane Society of Wilkes also has a building beside the dog park and it is open from 12 - 3 PM on most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
The Hidden Oaks Dog Park is located on an acre tract within municipal owned Cub Creek Park and is fenced in for your pooch's delight to run and play off leash. The fenced-in area is broken into two areas ~ one for large breeds and the other for smaller breeds.
During 2016, a large covered area for pet owners to sit, relax, stay cool/dry while their furry friends run and play. This covered area sits in the center of the small and large dog areas and sitting is provided.
Other amenities and rules:
- Dogs should not be left unattended.
- Children under 12 should be accompanied by an adult.
- A watering station for pets and of course, a fire hydrant is provided within the dog park.
- Owners are welcome to bring toys and balls for their furry friends to play with.
- We asked that all dogs to be well socialized and have all vaccines before entering the park, which is on an honor system.
- Once a dog shows any aggression towards other dogs or humans, they should immediately leave the two Parks.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted until after their cycle ends.
- The town is not responsible for any accidents/injuries or other incidents between dogs and owners.
- Owners should clean up after their animals. Doggie waste bags and dispensers are located throughout the park.
- Animals must be on a leash in other areas of the park outside of the dog park fencing, example: walking and mountain biking trails, creek, & fields.
- The nearby Cub Creek has been underwent a restoration and now kids and pets can get down to the water to cool off.
Petiquette rules, see park sign.