WATER AND SEWER CONSTRUCTION DEPARTMENT
A department within the Public Works Division
Our Water and Sewer Construction Department was initiated in 1996 to place an increased emphasis on customer service by minimizing water and sewer disruption, ensuring a quality service and product at a minimum cost to the citizens of Wilkesboro. This in-house crew accomplishes great progress:
- Replaces and installing approximately 4-5 miles of water and sewer lines annually
- Repair water leaks
- Install meter settings
- Install water and sewer taps
- Sewage stoppage responsibilities
- Preventive maintenance program by NC DENR involves approximately 6 miles of jetting annually
- Visual inspections of the entire collection system (approximately 50 miles)
- Maintain all sewer line easements by mowing, clearing and cleaning several miles annually.
- Installation of all new curb and gutter, sidewalk and storm drains.
The Public Works department is staffed with 10 employees and someone is available 24 hours a day/365 days a year. Due to the nature of the business, it is crucial to have the rapid response of this department’s manpower and equipment on a day-to-day basis to business owners and residents of the Town of Wilkesboro.
If you should experience an emergency during or after hours, click here.